Tuesday, December 12, 2017

HOW TO HAND WASH CLOTHS: AWESOME TIPS FOR NO WASHING MACHINE

Washing cloths by hand. Sounds like a no brainier? Actually I have been doing laundry by hand for over seven years. And there are helpful tips that  can make laundry by hand easier. We chose to  live off  grid and be as self sufficient as possible. We thought we would be doing washing the conventional way but after our first NEW washing machine broke down after only a month, I just stared doing it by hand. And actually I love it! But I did go thru some trials.


The proper set up goes along ways. Having a place to set it up during the summer where your water is accessible is really important. Also have a tub that can hold enough water. Buckets buckets and more buckets are  nice to. I like the buckets to seperate my dirty cloths from my not to dirty cloths.
I also finally found a old fashion scrub board. HANDS down these things work! I tried a plunger I tried a mop bucket! None of it works as well as grandmas old fashion hand washing board. 
In addition going out and buying a old wringer washer ( have you seen them new at Lehman's) those are for apparently people who have alot of  amount of money to spend on laundry..I DONT!!!! ) So we didnt even entertain the "looking good and fancy" Lehman washing machine. I mean its laundry..right?

I also  used last year before the  washing board a shower matt with suction cups and placed it upside down n the tub floor and used it as a scrubber! Worked well!!
Also a good drying rack and a place to hand dry your cloths on the line is needed.
A little goes along ways and you dont need a fancy setup. PRACTICAL and no frills....HECK..its just dirty laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment